Monday, December 12, 2011

Of renewed brilliance

We tend to grow used to things, becoming comfortably numb. Be it the sleek polish of a brand new car, the easy intoxication of your first shot of tequila, the utter confidence while wearing new clothes, the exciting new start in a different environment or even the sheer handsomeness that is your face.

We get excited over new things, and after a while we forget how awesome they are, breaking out of our contented complacence without valid reasons. You, for example.

I was looking through your pictures, and those of us together. I found myself once again captured by your sly smile. It brings me back to the very first night we met, and that look you gave me. It took me back to a time before our emotional confrontations, before it was us against the world, before it hit us that we could only delay the inevitable.

It took me back to perfect chemistry, and ecstatic yet warm feelings. It took me back to voluntarily participating in a (FUCKING MASSIVE) rush hour jam to spend more time together. It took me back to the smell of your car. It took me back to alcoholic kisses, saliva exchanges and desperate embraces. It took me back to lazy afternoons at Alexis.

It brings me back to the ecstasy that was you, and I. (As well as overpriced Alexis cakes!)

It's been a year. I'll see you soon.

5 comments:

Aiden said...

On a totally unrelated note, I love reading your blog (:

K said...

thank you. =( that's always nice to hear. i think being anon is the best way to express yourself man. hahaha!

Aiden said...

True that! There's nothing quite like the freedom of pouring out your heart onto the internet while being anonymous. No judgements that way.

savante said...

You're back! Well sort of!

K said...

@Aiden
Yeah defo. Crazy stalkers freak me OUT.

@Savante
I read your stories and OMG PAUL U NAMED THE HOT GUY PAUL!!!!!!! Heheh. Is this some reference to real-life splendor :P?

Post a Comment